Last updated 23, November 2022
The words “We”, “Our”, and “Us” (with or without capitalization) represent everyone directly linked to bootindie, including affiliates, directors, employees, officers, independent contractors, and other representatives.
Information collection and use
We collect certain information to provide services that you request through our website. For example, when you want to comment or send us a message or a query, we will ask you to register and provide us your name and email. The following sections outline “how,” “what,” and “when” we collect your personal information.
In the future, if we or our business partners offer products or services for sale, we may collect your financial (billing and payment) information. In addition, we may collect your location information to provide location-specific content.
Personal information collected from cookies and Similar Technologies
We may collect personal information through tracking technologies like cookies and web beacons. We may also collect information about your behavior on the website, including the time spent on pages, ads viewed, and the frequency of your visits. Our technology also allows us to track the applications or websites you use before assessing the website. We may also track where you go after you visit our website. If you click on an ad on our website, we may track whether you visited the advertisers’ website and purchased products or services advertised in the given ad. This information is only collected to understand your behavior on our website so we can serve you ads that better suit your needs.
Information collected from social media platforms and Gmail
We may collect your information from third parties and their affiliates, including platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. However, it will only happen when you connect your account to services or sign in using your email or social media account.
Finally, we may obtain your personal information from third parties affiliated with us.
The purpose of collecting your personal information is and will always be to improve our services by understanding your user behavior.
How we use your personal information
We only use your personal information to deliver highly personalized services by understanding how you interact with our website and its content. However, we may also use your information to:
1. Create, maintain, and improve the content, services, products, and features that best suit your interests.
2. To decipher messages, emails, and comments to understand your user behavior.
3. Fulfill your queries and requests.
4. Provide targeted advertising that best suits your needs.
5. Contact you regarding marketing messages that may contain information about products and services that you could use. You control whether you want to receive those messages.
6. We may share your information with relevant organizations conducting research to support innovation.
7. We may share analytics data with our publishers, advertisers, and any other third party to understand general user preferences so we can choose the relevant ads for you.
8. We may also combine your information with the information we receive from other third parties about your user behavior on third-party sites and apps.
9. Finally, we may also use your personal information to detect and protect against abusive, unlawful, or fraudulent activities on our website or any other third-party sites connected to our website via partnerships or affiliations.
You have the right to edit your account permission and manage preferences for certain ads, so you only see ads relevant to you.
Sharing, transfer, and processing of personal information
In addition, we may share your personal information to investigate or prevent illegal activity as required by law.
When transferring ownership to a third party, we may transfer your personal information.
We will process the personal information of individuals residing in the European Union through data processing agreements such as the European commission’s standard contractual clauses. Every country has different data protection laws and regulations regarding the government’s access to your information. When your data is transferred to any other country, it may not have the same data protection laws as your country.
Our Third-party Advertising Partners
GDPR and CCPA Data Protection Rights
You have the right to have your personal information removed from our records. We will not process, store, or share your personal information without consent (as mentioned in this document).
We encourage parents to monitor their child’s online activities. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 18. If you think that your child might have provided his personal information on our site, please contact us immediately, and we will promptly remove that information from our records.
Third-party privacy policies
We encourage you to read through our terms of service.